Thursday, May 26, 2011
So many banana bread recipes… why make this one? It is downright delicious, so moist, and it literally melts in your mouth! The wonderful combination of bananas, dates and almond flour is scrumptious. This recipe will instantly become a favorite! To take it over the top, serve warm with butter.
Almond flour is essential to this recipe. It is not always easy to find (most natural food stores & some large grocery stores carry it) and it is expensive, but it adds a delicious flavor, texture and moistness to this bread. For some variation, add cinnamon or nutmeg and ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts.
1/3 cup (5 1/3 Tablespoons) butter, room temperature
½ cup brown sugar
1 ripe organic banana, mashed
7 ounces (almost 1 cup) buttermilk
¾ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup almond flour
¾ cup all-purpose or wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup organic dates, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter for 30 seconds. Add the sugar to the butter and mix for 30-60 seconds, until combined.
3. Add the banana, egg, buttermilk and vanilla; mix for another minute until thoroughly combined.
4. Add the almond flour, all-purpose flour and baking soda. Mix for 30 seconds until combined. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
5. Stir in the dates.
6. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
7. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
want to get your kids in the kitchen? our e-cookbook has 56 yummy, healthy & quick recipes for kids & grown-ups! Buy at Amazon... shop here!