Wednesday, July 13, 2011
One of summer’s simplest pleasures and activities is flying kites! A good breeze and an open area is all you need. Kids get to enjoy the outdoors, run, play and figure out how to maneuver the kite & work with wind while parents get to spend fun quality family time their little ones. Grab a homemade or simple kite and up, up and away for some flying fun!
Some fun kite facts:
• Kites originated in China over 3,000 years ago
• Kite flying is a sport in Afghanistan
• More adults in the world fly kites than children
• Benjamin Franklin used a kite to prove that lightening was electricity
• Kites can be used to teach math concepts like ratios, angles & symmetry