Sometimes the simplest moments with your children at home, are the best! Here are 5 easy ways to connect with your child today:
- Bake! Bond while measuring ingredients, sifting and stirring your way to a tasty outcome. It’s a great way to catch up on their day and share a yummy bite.
- Read! You can read to your child or they can read their own material while you read yours. Grab a blanket, sit next to one another on the couch and enjoy quiet together time.
- Go for a walk! If you have a dog, suggest a family walk… or to look at the leaves changing colors, or to enjoy the cooler temperatures. The exercise and fresh air is great for everyone and wonderful together time.
- Clean! Were you thinking about organizing a closet or going through the toy box? This may not sound like a fun way to connect with your child, but working together to achieve a family accomplishment is a great way to bond & build family team work.
- Get silly! Helping with homework? Make up funny acronyms or games to help them learn. Or, have an indoor picnic for lunch. If it’s in between mealtime, put on a selection of everyone’s favorites music and dance. Turn up the fun factor… both you and your kids will love it!